Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bats at the Library {Must Read *October* Mentor Text}


October is my all time favorite month. I was so excited to see that the Cuties over at Collaboration Cuties are having a link up to share our favorite books to read in October! 
Just last week I had scribbled a note on my desk about some ideas for the upcoming weeks and this great book was part of it! 
Bats at the Library by Brian Lies is a super fun book about the one night a year the library window gets left open and the bats can visit. The illustrations are adorable, as are the bats antics! They get into all sorts of different books and become the characters!  It's a fabulous book to use to promote reading and talk about how books take us to different places and make characters come to life. 



This year my plans are to use this book and a nonfiction book about bats to compare and contrast fiction and nonfiction. My students always have a difficult time with keeping the two straight, so I take every opportunity I can to review and discuss it! 

What are your favorite books to share in October? Head on over to the Collaboration Cuties to link up. 




4 comments:

  1. This looks great! It looks like we had similar thoughts! I will have to add this book to my bat book collection!

    Thanks so much for linking up!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this book, but I will have to check it out. I love pairing nonfiction and fiction books with a common thread. Thanks for sharing!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this book, but it looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing, I am going to have to check it out!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one but haven't read it yet. Love more bat books, though!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...