It's finally Friday!! This has been such a busy week at school! We've been hard at work on author's purpose and I have a post on that in the works. In the meantime I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a little peek at some happenings from the week.
1. The box of books for my lower readers came this week and I was thrilled!! They are almost all labeled and ready to get some use. I can't wait to see which become favorites with my students!
2. I also stopped by the library yesterday afternoon to pick up this book. It's going to be the read aloud next week as we begin our talk on context clues. I can't believe how many great resources I've found for this book on Pinterest and TPT!
3. Friday means fun day in my class!! If you missed last week's post on how I use (and love) the Whole Brain Teaching Scoreboard you can click here. For today's fun I think I'll pull out the beach balls. It's Friday, why not?
4. We also got a very exciting package at home this week....the first Barkbox for my Charlie Bug arrived. He approved. Notice the slobber on the corner of the box. He could not wait to get into that thing!
5. On Sunday we went for a little drive. This week we wandered over to Big Stone Gap. Any fans of the Adriana Trigiani book series? Yup, it's the same place! We live about 30 minutes away.
Have a great weekend!!