Sunday, September 22, 2013

Context Clues {Peek at my Week}

Good Sunday evening! It has been a whirlwind weekend, but very enjoyable. I'm ready to jump in to the week, so I thought I'd link up with Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings and share a few of the big things we've got going on this week. 


First, and most importantly (for the kiddos) it is homecoming week and we have our first field trip on Thursday! Needless to say, there will be a lot of extra excitement around these parts this week! 

We are working on context clues, so I'll be reading Baloney (Henry P.) as our mentor text this week. 


Last year was the first time I'd used this book and my students LOVED it, so I'm really looking forward to sharing it tomorrow. 

We will also be doing a few lessons from this great Scholastic book I picked up during one of their $1 sales. 


I've saved the best for last - I'm using interactive notebooks for the first time this year and I am really diggin' 'em! I ran across this great context clues interactive notebook resource on TPT and knew it would be just perfect for our study this week. You can click on the picture below to check it out. 

What do you have planned this week? 


1 comment:

  1. Have a great time on your field trip! I have a week full of DRA's and Fundations training ahead for me! Woohoo!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...