Sunday, September 8, 2013

Box Tops Container, Complete Sentences, and Cookies {Monday Made It}


How about some cookies to make Monday Sunday night a littler easier? I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics to share a few things I've made lately. 

Even though I've not had tons of time to be crafty, I've missed seeing this linky every week. I love to see what everyone else has been up to. 

Teachers are some amazing recyclers, right? So I was about to throw away the Hawaiian Punch container, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it because I just KNEW I could use it for something! 


A few days later I was inspired to turn it into a container to hold our Box Tops for Education. It is hanging from my kitchen cabinet for this picture because I wanted to show you the cutesy ribbon I attached so it would be easy to carry all the box tops to the office. 

With the juice container being "ribbed" I couldn't use vinyl, so I used the next best thing - letters cut from cardstock and this AMAZING red tape. 


If you want something to stick forever and ever amen use this tape. I had forgotten the name, so I did a quick google search and it is called This to That. I got mine at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbook adhesive section. 

I have a group of kiddos that need a lot of practice on determining whether or not a group of words is a sentence, so I created this fun, carnival themed game and practice sheet.


You can click on the picture to read more about it in my TPT store

I did promise cookies at the beginning of this post. I love to cook and cookies are one of my favorite things to make. This super easy recipe is always a hit and you can play around with different combinations. 


Cake Mix Cookies

1 box cake mix 
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs

Combine all the ingredients, dish 'em out, and bake them up at 350 for around 8 minutes. 

Now, I'm sure you're looking at this recipe and thinking what is so special about that?! For starters it takes mere seconds to produce homemade cookies. But the best thing is you can use any cake mix for these. My personal favorite is devil's food cake mix with peanut butter chips - yum-o!!! The ones pictured above are funfetti cake mix with funfetti icing sandwiched in between. 

I'm thinking of using some orange food coloring in the funfetti cake mix and making little pumpkin cookie sandwiches for our Halloween party. How cute would that be? Or you can make them into spiders with little licorice legs. 

 So there is a look at what I've been making lately. What have you been up to? Head on over to link up! 

5 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delicious. Yum! That box top container looks great. I usually see boxes, but I like yours better!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies are making me salivate. I need to make myself some ice cream sandwiches tomorrow!
    - Melissa
    Teacher Abroad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to make those cookies! :)

    Sara
    Primary Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that Box Tops container! Super cute! And those cookies...don't even get me started! ;)
    It was dessert kind of Monday for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need one of those Box Top containers hanging in my kitchen at home. Right now they sit in a baggie on top of the sugar. This would be cute too!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...