Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sally's Snow Adventure {Must Read Mentor Text}

I'm linking up with Collaboration Cuties for this week's edition of Must Read Mentor Texts. It's all about Language Arts, so I'm all there!! 

While I was unpacking my room about a month ago I ran across a book that I knew would be the next one I shared for this linky. 


Sally is a black lab and the star of numerous books. She is always going on adventures with her owner and in this book they go on a snowy adventure to a ski lodge. Sally gets lost and must be rescued by two rescue dogs. 

The pictures in these books are beautiful and if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time you know I'm an animal lover!! My dad has a black lab that I adore and this author does such a great job of capturing the lab personality! 


I think this book would be perfect for introducing summarizing. The text is short enough to read in one sitting while still having some time left over for the mini lesson. There is also a very definitive problem in this story with a really clear solution - both great things to have when introducing the summarizing strategy. 


3 comments:

  1. I will have to check out this book. It's totally new to me, but looks like a cute one to share with my kiddos.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this series of books with Sally! Thank so much for sharing! I will add this one to my list...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really cute! I've never seen this series!! Summarizing is always a skill we need to work on!!!

    Thanks for linking up!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...