1. I feel like celebrating!! All three of my reading groups are up to 20 minutes for Read to Self!! Wooo Hooo!!!! My lowest group of readers are using book bags filled with 3 books. We also started a book shopping schedule this week and that has worked wonders for us!! Finally, I feel like we are making progress!
2. Since we are making so much progress I've decided next week will be the first week of full on guided reading groups. We've been meeting here and there as time allowed, but I've got a schedule this week and we are gonna make it happen!!
This is Guided Reading command central! Notice the colored paper clips; my groups are named by color, so I'm using that to help myself stay extra organized!
3. Need to temporarily stick something to the chalk board? Try using a little scrapbook adhesive rolls like this one.
Just a few little lines on whatever you're working with and you're good to go. I've used this for a few displays that the kids wouldn't be interacting with. I know it wouldn't withstand the kids..what does?! hehe When it's time to take the display down most of the adhesive stays on the paper, but what is left just rubs right off.
Everything in this picture is stuck up with the adhesive.
4. We finally got our Homework Stars board up and running. Well, all but the title because I've been a slacker! The stars at the bottom are kiddos who didn't turn in homework throughout the week. We used it as a way to track who got to participate in Fun Friday.
Thanks to Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper for the fantastic idea!! Check out her link for a much nicer bulletin board than mine!
Have I mentioned that it is nearly impossible to take a good picture in our hallway?
5. I'm loving the Fall weather and the decorations. In my mind Fall is also festival season. I'm heading out the Apple Festival tomorrow morning and I'm so excited. What is your favorite Fall Festival??