Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fact and Opinion and Movie Set Photo Bombing {Five for Friday}

A week of bus duty, benchmark testing, and parent conferences PLUS some non-school fun = one tired teacher with no time to post last night! That means I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my Saturday edition of Five for Friday.

1. My Donor's Choose materials came in!! I'd had a project funded from DC several years ago and I decided to give it another go with a request for some great "big kid" scissors for my classroom. The ones I had were falling apart and we didn't even have enough for everyone in class, so the kiddos were sharing - not good!


The kids are loving these. At random times throughout the day someone will say, "I just love our new scissors." Too cute !

2. We've been working on fact and opinion this week. We used our scissors to make these fun spider graphic organizers for our interactive notebooks. 




Sorry for the horrible picture. I was so focused on getting some for the Donor's Choose Thank You Package that I completely forgot to get a close up for the blog! 

The rest of my teaching week was filled with benchmarks and they just don't make for the best pictures, so I thought I'd share a few other fun things I've been up to! 

3. Last Saturday I went to a festival with my mom and sister and we had an amazing time!! 



I bought this rocking chair that we then had to carry back to our car on a bus with us - interesting adventure but we made it!

4. The filming of the movie Big Stone Gap (based on the book by Adriana Trigiani) started last Saturday. The festival we went to was in Big Stone Gap (about 2 towns over from us) and we got to see some extras from the movie!!! I know it doesn't sound all that exciting, but this movie is the biggest thing to hit our neck of the woods in a long time!




My sister and mom took the opportunity to do some photo bombing! LOL 

5. The hubby and I took advantage of one of the last warm days of the year and headed off to Dollywood last Sunday. It was a lot of fun....gotta love some roller coasters! 


2 comments:

  1. lol love the photo bombing my family would be doing that as well! The spiders are cute. My picture taking for my blog has been on the slide- then god for computers and cropping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW Miss my part of the country during the fall. Born and raised in east Tennessee... your post made me smile with love, memories, and envy!!

    Susan
    LopezLandLearners

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...