Happy Friday! It's time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to get y'all caught up on what's been happing in my polka dotted world this week!
1. We've been working on making inferences. We started out with an Interactive Notebook lesson. I used the blank template from this lesson by Erin at I'm Lovin' Lit to create the foldable for this page.
I scored some major points with the kiddos on this one because they thought the puzzle was just the coolest foldable they'd ever seen!
2. We read The Stranger by Chris Van Allsburg. The kids were so anxious to get to the end of the book and see who the stranger was. They loved, I loved it, all was well!
3. We created this anchor chart. I am really getting into using post-its for my anchor charts since I teach 3 different ELA groups. Thanks, Christina at Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge for the fabulous idea!!
I also used a Pinterest tutorial to learn how to print on post-its, so that made the chart making that much quicker!
4. My name is Courtney and I'm addicted to bags. There, I said it. Now, I can show you the new bag I got!! I'd been eyeing this one from Vera Bradley all Spring/Summer, but just couldn't do it until it went on sale last week!
It was everything I'd hoped for and more..haha!! I love those two pockets on the outside, the handles are long enough to go over my shoulder, and my camera case fits inside with plenty of room to spare. I have smaller camera case that I'll swap out with this one, so it'll be just right for a few folders, some papers, and my planner. It's also deep enough to throw my lunch in on top.
Have I mentioned that my dream job would be selling bags on QVC? LOL
5. I'm helping out with the Monster Mash dance at school this evening. I've heard my job will be judging the costume contest, so I'm pretty excited. I've been singing the Monster Mash all week, so I had to share!! It is one of my favorites during this time of the year!!
Have a great weekend!!