Friday, May 31, 2013

Countdown, Testing Problems, ABCs, Hay, and a Lemonade Recipe {Five for Friday}

I've taken a few weeks off from Five for Friday, so I'm really glad to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching again!

1. 5 more days until freedom!! The last two weeks have seemed like they would never end, so now that we have only a week to go I finally feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel.



2. Speaking of a long two weeks, we had an interesting time testing! On the last day of our testing we lost internet connection around 10:30 am and got it back at around 3:00 that afternoon. It was a very long day full of restlessness and uncertainty. We were right in the middle of our test, so we weren't sure what would happen with our students' work!! It was like the 3 hour tour on Gilligan's Island...we all got more than we bargained for!! haha Thankfully no tests were lost and everyone who'd started testing was able to finish that day.

3. The Summer Bucket List linky party inspired me to have my kiddos write their own ABCs of Summer Break. It was a neat way to get a quick look at what they all had planned for the summer. I let them get away with the papers before I got a picture. 

4. We started cutting hay yesterday, which means summer is officially here for us! I know a lot of people are really allergic, but I think fresh cut hay is one of the best smells on earth. Someone bottle that up and I'd be buyin' it for air freshener! LOL 

5. I am officially hooked on lemonade. A wonderful coworker of mine shared a great recipe of lemonade and I've been the most popular girl in my family - everyone keeps stopping by and asking if I have any made! I just knew I had to share the recipe with all my bloggy buddies so you can get in the summer spirit too. To whip up this delicious concoction you need 6 lemons, 2 cups of sugar, and a 1/2 gallon water. Just squeeze your lemons, add the sugar and water, and stir!! Maybe I could make some extra money this summer selling lemonade?!? 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney!

    I can't imagine the stress and anxiety when the internet connection was lost!! I have anxiety just thinking about it. Your lemonade sounds wonderful and I will have to try it this summer.

    I am now a follower!

    Tina Parker
    followingfirstgradeparker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in a small farm town and know what you mean by fresh cut hay = Summer Time! Your state test are on the computer?

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhhh...the sweet smell of hay! LOVE it! I noticed that y'all had square bales-you picking those up? We graduated to round bales. Sigh of relief. :)

    I'm supposed to learn how to cut hay this summer-raked yesterday. Country life is good!

    Have a great last week of school!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...