I'm in the process of taking everything off the walls (well what was left from the testing take down) and packing up my room for the summer. Last week when it came time to take this bulletin board apart I knew it'd make a great topic for Tried it Tuesday with Holly from Fourth Grade Flipper.
It didn't occur to me to take a picture until I already had the thing off the wall, so just picture it on the wall!
This was a Pinterest inspiration from last summer back when my favorite saying was "just one more project". I used bulletin board paper to create a board where there wasn't one in the back of my room. I thought I'd do a pros and cons list for this project:
- I love using my kiddos pictures in the classroom - I think it makes the room feel homey!
- As a team building activity on the 2nd day of school students had to arrange themselves by birthday without talking! Then I took the pictures for this board.
- It was a great visual reminder for me and my students!
- It was time consuming. Making the "board", centering the months, gluing everything on seemed to take a little longer than I'd liked to have spent.
- I didn't add new students to the board because it was difficult for me to remember my camera (this was before my blogging days) and there is so much to remember with having a new student join the classroom that this just got pushed to the side.
Will I do this next year? Probably not. I don't think the idea itself is a flop, actually I think it is adorable and I get tons of compliments on it, but I'm not the best at following through on things like this and I don't want to leave anyone out of the birthday board next year.