Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Picture Birthday Bulletin Board {Tried it Tuesday}

I'm in the process of taking everything off the walls (well what was left from the testing take down) and packing up my room for the summer. Last week when it came time to take this bulletin board apart I knew it'd make a great topic for Tried it Tuesday with Holly from Fourth Grade Flipper
Photobucket

It didn't occur to me to take a picture until I already had the thing off the wall, so just picture it on the wall! 



This was a Pinterest inspiration from last summer back when my favorite saying was "just one more project". I used bulletin board paper to create a board where there wasn't one in the back of my room. I thought I'd do a pros and cons list for this project: 

Pros: 
  • I love using my kiddos pictures in the classroom - I think it makes the room feel homey! 
  • As a team building activity on the 2nd day of school students had to arrange themselves by birthday without talking! Then I took the pictures for this board.
  • It was a great visual reminder for me and my students! 
Cons:
  • It was time consuming. Making the "board", centering the months, gluing everything on seemed to take a little longer than I'd liked to have spent. 
  • I didn't add new students to the board because it was difficult for me to remember my camera (this was before my blogging days) and there is so much to remember with having a new student join the classroom that this just got pushed to the side. 
Will I do this next year? Probably not. I don't think the idea itself is a flop, actually I think it is adorable and I get tons of compliments on it, but I'm not the best at following through on things like this and I don't want to leave anyone out of the birthday board next year. 

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I may do the group pictures and hang it in my room for the correct birthday month-doing 1/2 birthdays for summer kids...thanks for sharing! I'm with you, I would forget to add my new kids as the year progressed.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute!! I know what you mean about getting new students though. It is so hard to keep up with things like this and to a 4th grader, this would be pretty important to be included in. I just remembered I need to talk to my summer birthdays this year and figure out a treat schedule! haha!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took almost everything down off my walls today too. I've been in the same room for 5 years and although I'm not moving next year, I am ready for a change. The janitor couldn't believe that I did it!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if you had each child's photo individually? Then it would be easier to add new students. Just an idea, because I was thinking of doing this next year too! :)
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...