Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Using Evernote for Checklists and Records


PhotobucketHappy Tuesday! Its time for another day of reading fabulous ideas and pinning until my heart's content!! I'm linking up with Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper to share my experiences with Evernote in the classroom.

I've been an Evernote user for quite some time now and I really like it, but I wasn't maximizing its potential in the classroom. I recently created a notebook for school check lists and have been using it as a way of tracking when students return permission slips, money, progress reports, ect. and I am in LOVE!! It is sooo easy to use and I have access to my information anywhere, anytime! To make this process even quicker, I created a note titled master list, so when I want a new list I just copy and paste my kiddos names into a new notebook and I'm done! 
Here is a screen shot of my School Ideas 2013-2014 notebook (some of you may recognize those pictures). Evernote has this great clipper feature for your browser that allows you to store clips from the web in any notebook. I've been using this feature to keep some of those blog ideas that I KNOW I want to use next year, but am afraid they'll get lost in my Pinterest world and I won't be able to find them again. 

I also think the attachment feature is really handy! It works just like adding an attachment to an email and is perfect for documents you need in a hurry and don't have time to look for. I've also been using this feature when planning for next year. We wanted to revamp our assignment book/homework sheet so I created a note, jotted down the new ideas, and then attached a new document I created - easy peasy and when I need it again everything will all be in one place! 

Next year I plan on creating a notebook just for reading records. I am going to make a note for every child and then I can add to it as I have conferences and work in small groups. 

How do you use Evernote? 


3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this. I like how it sounds and looks. Time to search this!!!

    Thanks
    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this either (I think!). haha!! There are so many great ideas that I read about that I can't keep them all straight. This looks amazing though. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started using Evernote this year to house all of my links, docs, etc for certain lessons with my 6th graders.

    Next year I'm moving to 1st grade so I guess I will start all over! LOL!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...