Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Favorite Organizing Tips for the New Year {Linky Party}


A linky totally devoted to organization?!? Count me in! I'm so excited to be linking up with Kristen and Elizabeth for their Optimum Organization Party. I'm giddy about this! I am such an organizational nerd...I have my "pin it" button ready and shopping list in hand for this party!  

I wanted to share some of my favorite organizational tricks, some old and new, but they will definitely be found in my classroom next year!

1. Pockets under the chalkboard for turning in homework, classwork, and a keeping up with makeup work. This has been the best system I've ever tried for turning in work because I can immediately see who didn't turn in work or who owes makeup work. You can read more about the pockets here

2. The hanging file folder chart has been a lifesaver for me this year. I've been using it to keep my handouts in the order I'll be using them and off my desk! It has worked beautifully and I plan on using it again. You can read more about it here

3. This idea isn't new but it's one of my favorites. We are required to keep a file for each of our students for tardy slips, notes from home, and signed forms from the beginning of the year. Instead of using file folders I use one big accordion file folder labeled with numbers. At the beginning of each year I just tape a new numbered list on the front and I'm ready to go! You can read more about it here.  

When I first started blogging (almost 3 months ago!) I did a whole series on organization called Tame the Paper Monster. You can click on any of the links I mentioned above to take you to those posts...just in case you haven't gotten your fill of organization goodies yet!

7 comments:

  1. Love all of these ideas! I really like the folders under the board. I am currently sitting in my classroom wondering where I could put this system :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of super ideas!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! Thanks for linking up :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hanging file folder in my classroom and it handy to have around and saves me a lot of space. Great tips.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the place to turn in work! And how fabulous to have a place for makeup work. :)

    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my hanging file folder chart too! It is one of my favorite organization tools! I am totally stealing your accordion file idea for next year! Why am I renaming all those file folder in my file cabinet for each student every year? I already use class numbers and, like you said, I could just tape the new list to the front. Genius!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really tamed the Paper Monster, Courtney! You even made it your friend! My favorite among your tips is the first one. Aside from managing papers, keeping tabs on your students' progress is a tough job for teachers. These pockets give you a quick assessment of your students, which makes planning easier. I'll be reading more of your organization tricks and tips. Thank you so much!

    Ruby Badcoe @ Williams Data Management

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...