Happy Friday! Its time for a recap of the week with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Friday. Since we are in full review mode (T -10 days to THE test) I don't really have any exciting, life-changing things to share - just the regular "stuff" from our days.
1. In Social Studies this week we reviewed the Founding Fathers, so I decided it would be a great time to make those adorable paper plate people for some review fun. You can read more about the paper plate people here.
Both of these are George Washington - check out his hair in the picture on the left! I love it!
2. We've also been talking about author's purpose this week. I always like to have students write for each purpose, so this week we were writing about cereal. I overheard one group talking about Usher and Lil' Wayne AND cereal, so I just let them write on...LOL...you gotta love fourth graders!
3. We have been playing a memory matching game in stations this week as well. Who knew they would get so excited about this game? Its an oldie that I sometimes forget to pull out but they are all loving it!
4. We celebrated my Dad's birthday last weekend with lunch out on Sunday and then some shopping. We stopped in at Staples (because I just can't pass it up) and he bought me this adorable clipboard! His Birthday and he bought me something?! I think we somehow got that backwards, but it was a fun day anyway!
5. I am so excited because I just booked my first ever massage! Yay!!! Happy Dances! It is scheduled for the Friday after I finish state tests and will be much needed by that time! I can't wait...I'm dreaming about it...literally!