Monday, June 17, 2013

No Sew Classroom Pennant Banner {Monday Made It}

I'm so excited to be posting my first ever Monday Made It!!! I've been loving this linky so far and my to-do list keeps growing every Monday!

Last week I posted some pictures of my classroom decor and I had a lot of interest in the pennant banner over my windows. The banner I made for my classroom was NO SEW!! I wanted to share a little more about that today and also show you the lastest banner I've created!

Our Vacation Bible Schools starts next Sunday and the theme this year is Hay Day - I live on a farm so we were thrilled!! Back in the winter I came across a remnant of some cow fabric that I snatched up for $1.70!!! I knew it would make the perfect little banner for VBS.


Now, on to the good stuff - how I created this no sew banner for the classroom!




Here is what you need:



Fabric - 1/2 yard will yield 18-20 7" pennants

Wonder Under
Stitch Witchery
Ribbon
Iron











1. Iron the wonder under onto your fabric pieces.



2. Use the tutorial from this pin to cut out your pennants. (This is also the tutorial I use when I plan on sewing the banners together).




3. Take the pennants, ribbon, stitch witchery, and an iron to school. Use the ribbon to measure out how long you want your banner to be. Then use the stitch witchery and iron to "glue" your pennants to the ribbon.



I used command hooks to hold my banner in place. 

I got the idea for my classroom banner from this pin. This is also where I got the wonderful idea of backing my fabric to keep it looking nice and crisp and to prevent fading! 


Have you entered my 100 Follower giveaway? Click on the picture to head on over to get in on the fun! 








7 comments:

  1. I am all about "no sew" projects. The banners are so cute. That would be perfect at the start of our 5th grade hall! The hall could use some sprucing up!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove the banner! It looks great!!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! May have to tackle that this summer :)

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the banners! I am going to need to copy you sometime this summer.

    ✰Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love these! I may have to try something like this for my huge window!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your banner is so cute!! I meant to make one for my class last summer but never got around to it! We'll see if I can check it off my list this summer!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...