Tuesday, June 18, 2013

4th Grade Read Aloud Recommendations


I'm linking up with Mr. Hughes at An Educator's Life to share a few of my favorite 4th grade read alouds. This round-up is a great way to find some new books for next school year. I also like that Mr. Hughes has broken it down by grade level! Go over to his site and check out some great books! 

My all time favorite read aloud is Raymond and Graham Rule the School. Yes, I have blogged about it before. I will continue to blog about it until everyone has read it!! It is really that good!! Now run and get a copy!

If you are looking for something to hook your reluctant readers this is the one. The book follows two fourth graders as they enter what they think will be the year they will rule the school. I love this for my 4th graders because they are the "top dogs" at our school and can identify with the boys' thought process on that. 

Bottom line, this book is laugh out loud funny! After reading it more than 4 times I still laugh 'til I cry when I get to the part about the prunes! It is full of 4th grade humor. You've got to read this just to get to watch the expressions on your students' faces - priceless!! If you'd like to get a more info on the book you can read this blog post. 

Next up is a book I like to read aloud just for fun. I try to read something from the Bailey School Kids series just because I have a huge collection of them in my library. Every year after reading one of these books aloud I have students who read almost the whole series. 


Really, did I even have to show you which book from the series I would pick? hehe The kids like the element of mystery in these books and they are a quick, easy read for me. I can pick it up anytime we have a few extra minutes during the beginning of the year. 

What are your favorite read alouds? 

Remember, there is still time to join my 100 Follower Giveaway. Click on the picture below to get signed up to win a $25 Amazon gift card! 




4 comments:

  1. I have the book Rule the School in my wishlist from your other post about it. I look forward to sharing it with my kids next year.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite read aloud is The Fairy Tale Detectives book 1 of the the Sisters Grimm series. It is action packed, full of great descriptions and more. I have read it aloud the last 4 years and each group have loved it and many read the rest of the series on their own.
    On the Trail of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing those books! I also just entered your 100 follower giveaway! Congrats

    Katie
    http://sparkingthemind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up! WAHOO! The lists are growing. Don't forget to stop by again soon and check out the new listings. :)
    -Mr. Hughes
    An Educator's Life

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...