Saturday, June 22, 2013

File Folders, Teacher Info Binder, and How We Get Home {Optimum Organization}

It's Saturday so that means another great edition of Optimum Organization hosted by Fun in Room 4B and Ladybug's Teacher Files. I'm loving all the great ideas I'm picking up to organize my classroom for the new year! 

As I was packing my room I took a look around and really asked myself what little organizational tricks helped me the most this year. I took a few quick pictures and then kept stuffing putting things in my closets! 

First up are these fun file folders I sewed together last summer. The original pin this idea came from had a lot of folders together, but I chose to do a few sets of just two folders together and place them in different places around the room. 


Here is the set that was right by my desk. These were perfect keeping schedules, calendars, and other things I needed quick access to but didn't want cluttering up my desk or bulletin boards. For most of the year I used the second pocket to keep extra spelling lists. This was so handy because if a student was working on makeup work and didn't have a list I had immediate access. 

Here is the pin I got the idea from. 

I chose to put mine together using glue sticks and then sew them with some pretty thread. They have held up great all year!

I've been seeing a lot of posts for teacher binders, so I thought I'd share a Teacher Info Binder I keep. 


In my binder I have dividers for the following info: Contracts/Evaluations, SOL Scores, License Renewal, Professional Development, and College Classes. I've used this system for several years now and it has been great! 

If I go to a professional development and get a certificate I can just file it away in here. I also like to keep my contracts and evaluations all in one place in page protectors. This binder really comes in handy when its license renewal time! 

Since I've been wanting to pretty mine up, I created a little binder cover freebie for you to download. Just click on the picture below to get your copy! 

Graphics by Amand Hughes and font from Ideas by Jivey.


Last up is a Pinterest creation from last summer that was so handy! 

Again, this was right near my desk, so if there was ever a question at the end of the day I could take a quick peek. I also like that it is easily accessible for substitutes. I don't remember where those adorable signs came from, but if you know please leave a comment below so I can give some credit! 

What are you favorite organizational tricks? Head on over to link up! 


2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love the folder idea. It looks like a great way to get papers off your desk, but still close at hand. Thanks for sharing!

    -Amanda
    Teacher at the Wheel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a smart idea to sew the folders together! I love it! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...