Monday, June 24, 2013

Hay Day VBS {Monday Made It}


I've feel like I've been MIA from the blogging world these past few days because I've been very busy preparing for VBS! Since I did make a lot of the decorations for VBS I thought I'd share some of those with you today, so this post will not be school related unless your classroom theme is farm/western! 


We spent 12 hours at church yesterday  - it was an amazing VBS marathon! We had regular Sunday School and service, then a quick lunch, decorating after that, and then at 6:30 VBS officially started! 

I love directing VBS so waking up yesterday morning was like Christmas morning for me! I couldn't wait to get to church and get started having fun and teaching the little ones about Christ. 

Here are a few pictures from our decorations. 


Sorry about the glare. I guess foam board and high gloss paint will do that to you! I am loving the foam board and will for sure be using it for bulletin boards in my classroom this year! 


All of the goodies in this display were from our barn. As were getting these things out of my husband's truck our nephew said, "Why are we cleaning out Uncle D's truck?" It was adorable because these are all legit truck items for us and he knows it!


This might be my favorite part of the decorations! Just cardboard boxes spray painted and then cut into strips. I wanted to do our whole big barn this way but I think that might've taken a little too much time! 

We are having a ball this week at VBS, but I already have plans to be back next week for Monday Made It with my first school made it of the summer. I bought a fresh ink cartridge over the weekend and I'll printing and laminating all weekend. 



2 comments:

  1. Your decorations are adorable! I bet the kids will have a great time!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...