Friday, November 1, 2013

Just Keep Working, Just Keep Working {Five for Friday}

Ever have one of those weeks where it seems like you couldn't ever finish what you started?

I'm feeling frazzled and that's unlike me. I usually have a plan, but with the way things have been this week who knows what may end up in this post!! At any rate, it's time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for some Five for Friday and see what happens!! 

Last Friday night I received a text message from my best blog stalker (a.k.a. sister) that said: No Five for Friday? I'm on time this week, Rach! 


Wow, am I ever glad to see Friday today and the start of a brand new month! I'm working hard to focus on enjoying this season and not rushing right into Christmas. (It is hard!!!) 


We worked on comparing fiction and nonfiction this week using these two books. 


If you're looking for a great nonfiction text I would highly recommend Spiders and Their Webs!


One of my students was reading this book during Read to Self and I was sucked right in! I'm hoping I can find this at the library this weekend so we can use it in class next week. 



Am I the only person in the world who checks out library books for their students to use through the week? I usually have somewhere around 25 checked out a time. Saturday is Library day for me and I've recruited my mom for help this time! 


Book It time!! Is your class participating? 



We had our first ever Trunk or Treat event at church on Wednesday night and it was so much fun!


My grandmother came to help me give out treats. Halloween is "our" holiday! 


Also had this handsome guy helping me out! 

Our adorable little kiddos! 

Bonus: If you're diggin' the pink leopard numbers you can pick them up for free at Digital Designs by Kristin

I hope you have a wonderful, restful weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I used to get books for the kids to use at school from the library. So much cheaper!! Love the Virginia shirt! I don't see many of those around here! It stinks sometimes to live in HokieLand!! Even my parents have been brainwashed.

    That spider book looks beautiful! I will definitely have to check it out!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had NO idea Book It was still around. I have added applying to my Spring calendar. Thanks for letting me know. This will be a super motivator for my kiddos. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get tons of books for my students at the library! The shark book looks great. I hope you find it at the library. I agree with you about time. It is really flying by. It can't really be November already can it?

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...