Friday, November 8, 2013

White House Family History Find and Food {Five for Friday}

Happy Friday! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to fill you in on some random happenings from the week.







My grandfather worked as a grounds keeper at the White House for several years during the 50s and 60s. My grandmother has several pictures and pieces of memorabilia from his time there, but this week my sister discovered a set of pictures we'd never seen before. 




That handsome guy on the right is my grandfather. This picture is from the JFK Presidential Library and Museum. The pictures were being taken because the dog on the left was a gift to the Kennedy family from the Soviet Union Premier. As part of his job, my grandfather took care of the family pets and would often get to take them out to the vet in a limo! 

Since my grandfather is no longer with us, we were thrilled to have stumbled across this picture of him. 




I scored cool points with the kiddos this week when I pulled out the noun and verb football sort activity. They loved those big footballs!






We used this Nonfiction Discovery Chart from Amy Marie of The Unique Classroom as we continued to dig into nonfiction text features. It was a hit! Very easy to use! 






While I was on the search for another book I found this fun Thanksgiving book tucked in my library. It's quick read if you're looking for something holiday related. 



I'm planning on doing some cooking this weekend!! 








1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...