Friday, November 15, 2013

Conference Time {Five for Friday}


Wow, what an incredibly busy and fun week I've had! I'm linking up with Doodle Bug's Teaching to fill you in on what's been happening. 

1. My week has been consumed with sixty-four 4H Projects. All of my students were required to turn in draft posters for their projects this week. This meant I had to read and correct all those drafts and give them back the same day they were turned in!! Students can't begin work on their final posters until they have my approval on the draft, so I've got to be on my game to make sure I get them back as soon as possible. 

We have did a lot of review work this week on context clues and author's purpose while I met with students about their projects. 

2. On top of those 64 projects, I was out yesterday and today for a fantastic conference with Dan Mulligan. I hope to share some of the many tips and resources he shared with us over the next few weeks. If you just can't wait you can check out his website by clicking the picture below. 

https://www.flexiblecreativity.com

Scroll down the page and look for this graphic - that's where you'll find a lot of goodies. 


Don't let some of the state specific titles fool you, there are plenty of good activities hidden in there as well! 

3. Guess what who else I found at the conference?!?! Andrea from Reading Toward the Stars


She was super sweet and I was so excited to spend the day hanging out with her! It was also the first time I'd met one of my bloggy buddies in really life - too fun!! 

4. I traveled 6 hours to the conference, so I drove up the night before and stayed with some family and these adorable kiddos! I had such a great time playing trains, listening to their stories, and reading with them. 


Forgive my crazy expression, but aren't they just the cutest ever?! We are reading this fantastic book by Bob Shea and by the end all three of them were roaring! LOL 


If you need a gift for a younger kid these Dinosaur vs. books are so fun!! 

5. On my way home from Richmond I stopped to see my sister. We had dinner and she got her (late) birthday gift. 



She loved the photo book! 


Bonus: Cute pet pictures!! 

Rachel's dog, Piper. 

Ladybug helping me pack for the conference. 









4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that the conference went well, and I'm sad we didn't get to meet up. Maybe next time though! I will be browsing that website during my free time today.

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we got to meet up at the conference! It was fun looking and data and talking about life in general! Wish you could have gone out with us, but it looks like you had a good time with your sister! I will have to find out more about that super cute book!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I really want to know is how I can get some grown up pajamas like your sweet little family friends have on. Super cute! You've been busy...sleep in tomorrow!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were so lucky to have Dan Mulligan come to our school once, he is an amazing presenter and very inspirational. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...