Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sunshine Blogger Award


Alison from Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin' nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!! Thanks, Alison! 

Yay! What a fun game to play along with and get to know other bloggers. 

The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself

2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you

3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world

4. Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.

11 Random Facts About Myself

1. I hoard bags...purses, tote bags, any kind of bags. I can't get enough of them. 

2. I am a serial returner of things (like bags). Either I have a lot of buyers remorse or just talk myself into buying things I don't really need! 

3. I love chocolate. 

4. I am almost always cold. *brrr*

5. I live on a farm with horses, cows, pigs, dogs, cats, and chickens. I love it. 

6. Organizing is my thing. Except for the filing cabinets at school that have stuff in them from the 80's.

7. I like to sew and do other sorts of crafts. 

8. I used to clog dance with my sister and it was so much fun! 

9. Bubble baths are the BEST way to end any kind of day. Happy? Take a bath. Sad? Take a bath. Mad? Take a bath. 

10. I went to high school with my husband and never spoke to him until my senior year of college!! This still blows my mind. We even had a class together! 

11. I am an animal lover. Showing me a cute, furry little animal is the quickest way to derail my attention span! 

My questions from Alison: 
1) How long have you been teachin' and what is your absolute favorite grade to teach? (I know that's two questions, but they go together) 8 years and I liked 6th grade the best

2) If you had an opportunity to change one county, state, or national law about teachin', would you change anything? I would require students to take only Reading and Math SOLs (state tests) until 5th grade. At 5th grade Science and 
Social Studies SOLS would be introduced. 

3) Have you ever thought about teachin' abroad?  If so, where? Before I met my husband I thought about joining the Peace Corp and going to Nepal to teach. 

4) If you could go on a shoppin' spree for one day and buy anything you wanted(money would be no object), what would you buy? Organizational/home goods!! 

5) What is your favorite "me time" activity to do? Reading

6) What is one food that you could eat every single day and not get sick of? Chocolate

7) What is your all time favorite children's book title and why should I read this book? Tuck Everlasting because there are so many deep questions about life in there....

8) What is one app or piece of technology that you could not live without? laptop
 
9) If you were in charge of your school for one day, what would you plan for that day? Business as usual. I like a normal routine...and I guess I'm boring! haha 

10) What made you decide to start bloggin'? I'd been a blog stalker for so long I just had to join in on all the fun! 

11) Where should I go on vacation and what should I do there? Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN and you should go to Dollywood, Cades Cove, and eat everything!! And I'll come visit you :) 

The 11 Bloggers I nominate are: 


Here are the 11 questions for my nominees: 

1. What is one thing that isn't in your curriculum that you wish you could teach? 
2. If you could have an unlimited supply of one food what would it be? 
3. Have you always wanted to be a teacher? 
4. What is your favorite season and why?
5. What is the most unbelievably funny thing you've ever had to say to a child at school? (Don't lick the pencil sharpener?!)
6. Would you rather not have any books to read for 6 months or have to reread the same book for a year? 
7. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? 
8. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? 
9. How do you relax at the end of the day? 
10. What is your favorite subject to teach? 
11. What book should I read next? 


2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Pigeon Forge in YEARS!!!! How fun would that be? I loved reading all of your facts and answers! I am a hoarder of bags to....my bags have bags, that have baby bags...I'm sure you can relate. I want to come play with a piglet at your house...and while I'm there I'm going to sneak your denim blanket in one of my bags because I'm always cold too! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. People say that I am organized, but I STILL never feel that way...haha! I am the opposite of you - I am always HOT... my poor kiddos freeze in my room (they do bring sweaters throughout the year). I am not sure what I hoard... hmmm... have to really think about that one. I despise carrying a purse, so I don't collect them...LOL!

    Kimberlee @ iTeach 5th
    Follow on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...