Friday, March 21, 2014

St. Patrick's Day and Classroom Visitors {Five for Friday}

What time is it?? Five for Friday time!! And thank goodness it is Friday. It has been another crazy week, but only one more week to go until Spring Break!!! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share some things from my week! 





It wouldn't be a post this week without a little St. Patrick's Day fun!! My kids were so excited to try their hand at drawing these Leprechauns from Art for Kids




I started doing an hour of after school tutoring 2 days a week last week. During one of our sessions this week I broke out the really old ABCD cards to use with this test prep workbook. It was like I'd brought out gold!! They thought this was the coolest thing ever and were so secretive while making their picks!! I love a simple idea that gets the job done. One day I'll update those cards...maybe...




Okay, ignore the cubby junk in this picture and check out all those fun "artifakes." Our 4th graders had a visit from the Jamestown/Yorktown Foundation this week and these are all the goodies our storyteller used. The props and the enthusiasm of the presenter bring history to life in a way most of my students have never experienced. We live about 8 hours away from Jamestown, so  a trip to the museum isn't possible but this a great way for the kids to get a little taste of it! 



We also had a visit from our 4H extension agent today. Told ya it was a crazy week around here!! This visit was all about biomes and the kids got to graph animal crackers based on which biome they belong to. They loved it!!! 




There was no better way to start the weekend than to come home and find my husband riding for the first time this season!!! I was so excited to see him back on BJ and getting ready for show season. The dog was super excited too. He ran circles around the horse when he first got saddled up!

I hope you enjoy our weekend!! 

1 comment:

  1. I want to ride a horse. I'm coming to visit!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even tell you how many years it has been since I've been on a horse!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...