Its time for Five for Friday at Doodle Bugs Teaching.
1. I am thankful to have made it through the first official week of review. I have to confess that I really dislike reviewing for Social Studies. I feel like a broken record and we have 5 weeks of review, so this year I decided to really step it up and create review stations for Social Studies and reading. I've got to admit that I was very nervous on Monday morning, but I'm happy to say that the stations have been a big success.
2. During reading review stations we used two of the activities from the Spring Language Arts and Math Centers for Big Kids by Collaboration Cuties. They were a big hit with everyone! Don't those little chicks just make you happy?
3. I also used my first ever set of task cards in a station and I've got to say that I'm in love! I was so impressed with how the cards were appropriate for all my learners. Even my fastest workers were busy and engaged! We used Rachel's Context Clues task cards this week.
4. We have been reviewing our standards on First Americans and I thought it might be fun to make these "dioramas" showing how the First Americans got their food in each of the seasons. You can click here for the freebie if you'd like to try this in your class. My kids were amazed with this activity and I'm pretty sure I gained a few steps on the coolness ladder because I knew how to fold paper like this! Hahaha
5. Scholastic Teacher Express is having a sale on pocket charts!! The hanging file organizer I love is on sale - I picked up two for $17.24 including shipping! Click here to shop the sale and use code PC50. Sale ends on Saturday 4/20.
I hope everyone has a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!