Saturday, March 16, 2013

Reivew: Comprehension Skills Packets from Reading A-Z

I love to find teaching resources that are relevant, ready to use and don't require a lot of prep time. It was love at first site when I found these Comprehension Skill Packets from Reading A-Z. These are going to be perfect for review.

I know Reading A-Z is a paid site, but there are some sites that I think are well worth the investment and A-Z is one of them!

Here is a screen shot of the first page you'll see when you get to the packets so you can read a little more about what they've got to offer.




The packets cover a wide range of reading skills and are for grades 1-5. Each packet has a lesson plan, projectable passage for whole group practice, and a projectable/printable passage for independent practice. 

Here is another screen shot from the fourth grade section...just a quick view of a few of the topics available.


I recently used the Compare and Contrast Skills Packet to review with my students and I thought it was a great success. Everyone was engaged, the stories were interesting, and I felt like the suggestions in the lesson plan were useful and relevant. 

If you don't have a subscription to Reading A-Z you can click here for a link to a 7 day free trial.

In addition to the Comprehension Skills Packet, the site offers leveled readers with lesson plans, activities, and comprehension tests.  It is an excellent resource and one that I would highly recommend!

Have you tried any of the skills packets? What did you think? 




 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...