Monday, July 14, 2014

Rocking Chair and Brag Tags {Monday Made It}


It's a rainy Monday here in Virginia, so I'm using my time inside to catch up on some blog reading. I'm also linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for the fabulous Monday Made It linky! 



Ta da! The purple rocking chair is finished. I bought this chair for $30 at a craft show last fall, hauled it on a bus back to my car, and just stuck in the corner of my bedroom when I got it home. Sometimes I just have to let things sit and a plan will come to me. After I got word that I was moving from 4th to 1st this year I knew just what to do with this chair - paint it and move it to my classroom! 

The funniest part of this redo was the conversation I had with my husband. He was at work and knew I was painting the chair, but he had no idea what color. Here is what happened when he got home: 
Hubby: You sure did change the color of that chair. 
Me: Yup.
Hubby: Where are you planning on putting it? 
Me: In my classroom. 
Hubby: Good. 

Haha!! Bless his heart. He would've let me put that purple rocking chair back in our house, but I think he was kinda dreading the idea of looking at it every morning when he got up! 

I'm going with a bright color scheme in my room this year with green, blue, and purple as my main colors and some accents of orange and pink. It sounds good in my head, sometimes, I just hope it all comes together.

That brings me to needing some help from you. This chair needs a cushion. What color do you think I should use? I was hoping to find something orange?!



Can I count this as a MMI because I cut out these brag tags? Last week Miss Nelson posted about her new set of brag tags in a MMI post and I got so inspired. I'm looking for more ways to motivate my students and these cute little tags were the perfect fit. 

I used a tackle box from Bass Pro to hold the tags I'd printed and cut so far. I'm in love!! Look at that little bee how cute! I seriously want to make myself and necklace and just wear it around the house! If I'm this excited about it I can only imagine how my little firsties will feel about them. 

You can check out Miss Nelson's post about brag tags here and shop all her adorable brag tags in her TPT store.


So what have you been creating this week? Click the picture above to head over to Tara's blog and link up. Don't forget to leave me a comment with your suggestions to dress up my chair! 


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the rocking chair in the color you chose! I think you should do a cute polka dot pillow! Something bright and festive.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chair looks so cute & I'm so glad to hear you are coming to 1st grade. It really is the BEST grade :) Orange with purple sounds super cute to me - can't wait to see the cushion you do:)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That purple really pops! I love it! Thank you so much for letting us know where you got that brag tag holder box. I need a few of these, but had no idea where people bought them. Hmmmm, now to find out where there's a tackle shop around here. But it's Orange County, so something will be within 10 min. of my place. ; )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that conversation sounds like one my hubs and I would have! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the purple rocker! Your color scheme will be FABULOUS! Can't wait to see pics when you have it all together.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the purple rocker! It's super cute! Something with a big pattern would look cute for the cushion! I just bought some brag tags too...I need to get going on mine!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice update; the chair looks awesome. :) An orange would work. Green would look nice too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...