First full week of school is D.O.N.E. I feel like throwing a party!! Since I can't throw a party and invite all y'all over, I'll do the next best thing - Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.
1. I finally got all the glyphs hung up out in the hallway! Does this look familiar to anyone? I'd love to find where I got these from, but I can't seem to find this file on my computer anywhere.
2. I have my first interactive reading notebook lesson planned for this coming week. After reading all about them this summer on so many great blogs I'm very excited to be giving it a try this year!
3. It's been a week for books. Really what week isn't? Here is on of my favorites from the week, James Marshall's rendition of Goldilocks.
This one just cracks me up! Look at her expression! I've felt this way many times when trying to get comfortable!!
4. I tried out MissKinBK's tutorial on how to add patterns to text....she has created a monster! See #5 for proof!! It is so adorable...I can't stop!
5. I am in the process of putting together an order of high interest books for my lowest readers. I have a few readers below 1st grade and several right between 1st and 2nd grade.
I'm looking for chapter type books that will look "big kid" and keep their interest! Any suggestions?