1. I'm pretty sure this says it all. How can back to school make me so tired!!
2. Have you tried Discovery School Puzzlemaker? I got a great tip about it from my teaching partner and used it to create a word search using all of my kiddos first and last names! It made a great activity for morning work on that first day! Click the picture below to check it out.
3. I finally got all the labels on my bookshelves. I've tried book bins before and they just weren't for me. My students had a difficult time choosing books and I felt like the books weren't used as often as they should be. Now I just use a sticker to label all of my books by genre and I used some vinyl to label the shelves.
4. I love trees, so I was excited when I saw this pin that used leaves on the tree to document the books read together as a class. I knew I had to do this in my room, so my tree is up and ready to go!
5. If you teach multiple classes how do you display anchor charts? I saw this post about using magnetic curtain rods on a chalkboard, so I got 3 rods and used command strips to stick them to my block wall. I'm just not sure if this will be a good system for me. What have you tried?