Saturday, July 13, 2013

DIY Teacher Planner {Optimum Organization}

Since posting the Teacher Planner I created for my Monday Made It post I've had a few people ask if I'd be willing to share the templates I used, so I thought this would be the perfect Optimum Organization post for this week.
Be sure to head over to Fun in Room 4B and Ladybug's Teacher Files to check out all the great links! This has become one of my favorite linky parties of the summer! 

Before I go further with the post it would be helpful for you to know that I keep my lesson plans online, so my templates do not include lesson planning pages. I needed to create a planner that would be small enough for me to carry home, to meetings, and have handy in the classroom. The planner will be used for long-term planning, keeping up with important events, meeting notes, and parent communication. 

You can click on any of the images in this post to download ALL the templates I used in creating my planner. 

Here is a picture of the front of my planner.

In the front of the book I added a page for all those logins and passwords I can never remember! 


Here is a look at the inside calendar pages. 



In between each calendar page I added a notes page on the left and then a page with spaces for making notes for each of the 3 classes I teach. 

After the calendar and notes pages I added in a section with my pacing guide and standards. 


Next came the Parent Contact Log. I like to keep a list of all my parent contact information in a notebook with some space to document when I talk to a parent and what we discussed. This planner was the perfect place to add that in. 

 

I threw in some of the note pages from earlier to record my calls and conferences with parents.

The last page was the beautiful verse. 

You can click on any of the images in this post to download all the templates I used for creating my teacher planner. I even threw in a Birthday organizer, but ended up decide not to put that in my planner! 

Tips: 

I printed the pages front to back on my color printer. The process actually didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would have. I would recommend using a heavier weight paper than 20#. The lines show through to the other side of some of the pages, so I think a heavier weight paper would make it look a little more professional looking. 

I had mine bound at Office Depot. It was $5 for the plastic binding, a clear plastic cover, and a black plastic back. I think that is a great deal for a customized planner! 

Have you ever made your own teacher planner? Have any tips to add?! 


22 comments:

  1. Yayyyy! Thank you for sharing! I've been anxiously waiting for this post. :)

    -Allison
    Adventures in Room 204

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful planner! Thanks for sharing!
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I use an Erin Condren, which I absolutely love but this is such a fab way to customise your planner with exactly what you need in it! Thanks for sharing!

    Claire
    Sorry About The Mess But...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing! I'm going to make a binder this year for all this stuff! Appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your planner. I have never had mine professionally bound. I will have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the binding. It makes it much smaller and more portable (for me) than keeping it in a bigger binder!

      Delete
  7. What program do you use for lesson planning online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use planbook.com. It is great! I would highly recommend it.

      Delete
  8. I think it looks great! I especially love your cover!
    Rachel
    la Señorita Creativa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so excited to see this in my blog reader this morning! Thank you so much for posting these. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, I hope you can use them to create your own!

      Delete
  10. Very nice and how sweet of you! It looks fabulous!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Your previous post inspired me to start working on one of my own. Your book looks very professional. Yeah you!
    ♬Kay
    On the Trail of Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I'm going to get started on mine, right away.

      Delete
    2. Ms. Reidy, thank you! I hope you have a lot of success with yours!

      Delete
  12. Can't wait to check this out! I love that you added my pretty Earth Day tree freebie! :)
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the freebie calendar! I love it!

    my classroom is my runway

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea! I especially like the Bible verse to help keep you focused. Since the planner is custom made, you can include anything you want and I think you did a fabulous job. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful planner! Thanks for linking up :)
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...